Whenever we are sitting for a certification exam like SCJP or SCWCD, the main weapons of preparations after skimming through all theory is the practice of mock exams. As it is rightly said, practice makes a man perfect. Same here, the more exams you solve, then it will be more bright that you will clear the exam with bright colors.
Being an active member of a community like javaranch for quite sometime, i have noticed that many people who are expected to sit at the exam, they get discouraged because they are scoring low in those mock exams. I would like to put a few words in this context.
- Whatever preparation book you will be following can't cover each and every technical aspect of the exams. There are certain tips and tricks which those books might miss. So what will happen, when you will solve a mock exam which will be having a certain tip, you didn't cover in the book, you are expected to do a guess and maybe get the answer wrong. In this regard, please don't get discouraged, just note down the mistake you did, because it means that you have just learned a new tip as you were learning tips from the course book you followed.
- Take these simulators as the learning tools and don't judge your smartness on this basis.
- Whenever you take a reference at least revise it two times. Take proper notes, so that when you are revising things before exam, you don't have to dig the whole theory again. You can pick out the points by looking at your own notes.
- Don't lose confidence at all. It will only make your chances less to score less in the real exam.
- Stay actively involved in different community forums related to the exams. Watch out what others are asking and try to reply them.
- If you have even a slightest doubt, clear it. Google about it or ask to some expert. There will be surely someone out there to help you.
Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal, it strengthens, tempers, intensifies but never destroys it.
The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.
Just Stay Focused and you will achieve.